Category Archives: Good News!
A frequently asked question by our clients at the World Headquarters of Racquet Quest, LLC is “what is your favorite string?”
I am going to tell you what it is, and tell you why it is, and why, I believe, it should be your favorite string as well!
It should come as no surprise that natural gut is our favorite string! Well, of course, you say! It is probably everyones favorite but it is way too expensive for most recreational players! You are correct that natural gut is everyones “favorite” string, however, you may not be correct about it being too “expensive” for recreational players!
What follows is predicated on the belief that “performance” is the primary factor in selecting a string.
On the positive side:
- Natural gut plays better longer than any other material.
- Natural gut is more stable than most string materials.
- Natural gut is more forgiving (comfort) than most other materials.
- Natural gut is more eco-friendly than other materials.
- Natural gut is a good hybrid component.
On the not so positive side:
- Natural gut is expensive @ $70.00 to $75.00 (installed).
- Natural gut is more expensive than other materials.
- Making natural gut string is very labor intensive.
- Making high quality natural gut is limited to a “few” major manufacturers.
- Natural gut can be affected by moisture.
And, how do you quantify “plays better”, anyway? Some players are fine with string that has long since offered any performance! Some strings have a “play”life of a couple of hours! So, the player must decide on what is important.
But, if you ask us, natural gut is our favorite string!
Racquet Quest, LLC has for years been doing the extensive evaluation of racquets and string for the benefit of our client’s customization requirements.
Now we are making this evaluation “program” available to anyone that wants to dig deeper into the workings of the string in the racquet!
This is serious stuff and requires significant resources but it is worth it!
Please contact us of you would like to take advantage of our evaluation program!
KT Tape is probably the most recognized gear any athlete can wear! You see it on many world-class athletes typically placed where they may be experiencing discomfort or want to reduce the possibility of such!
Racquet Quest has added three (3) new KT Tape products we believe are essential to better performance.
The new Wave:
- Clinically proven and FDA cleared device for relief of chronic musculoskeletal pain
- 250 hours of battery life for consecutive or intermittent use
- Sensation-free electromagnetic pulses that are safe and effective
- Flexible loop is easy to place
- Water resistant, safe to wear during regular physical activity and during sweating
The new Chafe Safe:
- Protects friction-prone areas from blisters & hot spots for up to 24 hours
- Sweat & water resistant
- Mess-free, non-sticky, & smooth application
- No clogging of pores
The new Anti Blister tape:
- Designed to help prevent athlete blister, chafing, and hot spot formation*
- Ultra-durable, flexible, and breathable synthetic fabric
- Easily conforms to skin and extremely thin to minimize friction
- Precut 3.5” strips for convenient use in most common treatment areas
- KT Tape is proud to provide the KT PERFORMANCE + and KT RECOVERY + product lines, supporting athletes of all levels and helping them to perform at their best. Train longer, finish stronger
These important products contribute to Racquet Quest’s commitment to keeping our clients playing comfortably forever!
If you are new to KT Tape just click here and you will go to the very comprehensive “how to” page!
The World Headquarters of Racquet Quest is very happy to present the latest addition to our headquarters!
My daughter and her family that live in Columbus presented me with the iconic Columbus, Indiana “C” bike rack recently! This bike rack is something I have wanted for a while!
In case you don’t know, Columbus, Indiana is well known for the many architectural buildings and pieces by many very famous people!
The bike was donated by Davids Cycle World and painted by me! A very close inspection of the paint job should be avoided!
Anyway, we are very happy to have this addition to the World Headquarters!
Racquet Quest specializes in high performance tennis racquets and they don’t get more high performance than the Head Prestige models!
We recognize the attachment players have to racquets so we keep a good supply of Head Prestige racquets of all models and even a year or two of prior models.
Here is what is currently available:
|Name||Material||Model||Head Size||Grip Size||String Pattern||Quantity|
|Prestige||Graphene XT||Rev Pro||93||4||16x19||1
|Prestige||Graphene XT||Rev Pro||93||3||16x19||2