How to Demo a Racquet
We have what seems to be a zillion demo racquets, and there is a player for each of them, I suppose.
One of the biggest complaints against “demoing” is precisely that…too many to choose from!
This is what we recommend;
- Start the convesation with yourself before you need to make a decision. Allow a month before the “season” starts if you can,and start the conversation with us early on.
- What do you want that your current racquet is not providing.
- What is your budget. If you are a junior what is your “sponsors” budget.
- With these three questions you are well on the way to a painless “demoing” expreience!
Here is what we would like to have to speed up the process:
- Bring your current racquet in “play ready condition” with you to the primary discussion.
- Tell us what has changed physically since you selected the current racquet.
- Injuries, including tennis elbow, shoulder and wrist issues, or a long layoff, etc.
- What do you want the new racquet to do that the current racquet is not?
- Power, or “POP”, Control, Comfort, Grip Size, String Issues, etc.
- Do you have a brand preference?
- If we can make your current racquet better will you not demo other racquets?
- It is possible that the current racquet can be better than it is so demo it as well after some customization.
- Tell us if this is of interest or “I want a new racquet…period!
With this information we can make the demoing process much more fun,consise, and ultimatley rewarding, and in a much shorter time period.
Our demo process is free however we believe the racquet should be “setup” just as it will be used which may require stringing and a litttle customization and there will be a charge for that if you agree.
Our huge database of racquet specifications allow a quick look at the characteristics you prefer.
We think you wil be surprised at how much fun the demo process can be!