Let’s Get Serious!
If you listen to the Racquet Quest podcasts you will recognize this statement!
So, why are we posting it on the website if it is already a podcast? Because it is serious! A racquet came in today that reminded me of why we started GASP! The stringing is so awful that I can’t keep myself from writing this!
The owner of the racquet does not remember at which tournament it was strung otherwise we could contact them and offer some suggestions!
Why is this racquet so bad?
- Inconsistent tension across the string bed
- The accuracy index is 65!
- Virtually no tension in the top cross string…because
- The racquet was strung from the bottom up plus the poor knot
- Stringing of the crosses started at the bottom (starting X at the top is highly recommended)
- Tie offs on the wrong holes
- 8M is better
- Cross over at the lower side
- Probably due to the wrong tie off
- One-piece format
- Inconsistent string tension
- Bad tie off knots
Why is it so hard to do a better job when stringing a tennis racquet? In this case, it appears the stringer has no training. There are errors no competent stringer would make! But, until players refuse to accept this shoddy work it will continue!